Georgia Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for Bartow County Board of Education seats an opportunity to provide straight answers to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you vote to repeal use of destructive Common Core Standards in our schools?
2. Do you support property rights as crucial to our country’s freedom and ability to build wealth, and will you vote consistently to lower property taxes?
3. Would you support a bill to provide Education Savings Accounts (ESA’s) which are non-taxable as an alternative for parents seeking education for their children outside the public school system, with best academic performance and standards being left for the parents to judge and not subject to government regulation?
4. Will you vote to prohibit collaboration with outside businesses or other government agencies by refusing to share children’s data with them, to receive monies from them, grant them classroom instruction time, or generally grant them influence over children?
5. Will you vote to reduce spending and reject costly grants to live within the School Board’s budget without recommending another SPLOST referendum?
6. Do you support the 1st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and will you vote to force government out of the selection or establishment of all so-called “charitable” causes and other welfare services which result in dependence on the State?
7. Do you oppose corporate profiteering in the classroom, and will you vote to reduce spending on corporate contracts, such as expensive and highly sophisticated technology used for data-mining and online testing, resulting in huge profits for Microsoft?
8. Do you oppose the collection and storage of data of our children in the classroom by the federal government (such as in the Smarter Balanced Assessment of Common Core), and will you vote to protect our children’s privacy in this matter?
9. Would you support a Campus Carry bill repealing laws that take away an individual’s right to arm him/herself on educational properties and prohibit him/her from potentially saving many innocent other innocent lives in the event of a terroristic attack?
|Refused to Answer|
|Bartow County Board Of Education||1||R||Fred Kittle|
|Bartow County Board Of Education||5||R||Anna Sullivan|
Tags: privacy, corporate welfare, common core, crony capitalism, Property Rights, welfare spending, Bartow County, campus carry, Board of Education, property taxes, Education Savings Accounts, SPLOST