Pete Hoekstra’s Record
- Voted for Tarp HR 384 http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2009/roll026.xml
- Voted for the Brady Handgun Bill http://clerk.house.gov/evs/1993/roll614.xml#Y
- In 2007, Hoekstra joined Sen. Debbie Stabenow and then Sen. Barack Obama in cosponsoring legislation that by federal mandate would have forced every state, county, city, township, and village in America of at least 5,000 in population to unionize its firefighters, police officers, and paramedics. HR 980: http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:HR00980:@@@P
- In 2009, Hoekstra said on public television’s Off the Record with Tim Skubick: “I think it would be a bad idea to put (Right to Work) on the ballot. I don’t know if it would pass or not. I’d probably not vote for it.” http://wkar.org/offtherecord/program.php?num=3841
- During the 2010 race for governor, the Center for Michigan reported that Hoekstra was the only Republican candidate who — in response to the candidate survey question, “Should Michigan become a Right-to-Work state?” — joined Democrats Virg Bernero and Andy Dillon in answering “no.” http://www.thecenterformichigan.net/reforms-at-a-glance/.
- Dome magazine in Lansing reported of Hoekstra: “The Hollander refused to sign a no-tax pledge and declared he wouldn’t vote for a ballot initiative on Right to Work, seen as the holy grail by business groups, a powerful Republican constituency.” http://domemagazine.com/features/f11109