Dear Georgia Citizen,
The rights of the citizens of our great state should be protected by our lawmakers, and they should guard our sovereignty jealously.
ObamaCare requires that the state relinquish sovereignty over most health care-related decisions to the federal government. More importantly, individuals lose even more control over their health care decisions under this scheme.
But instead of fighting to protect our liberties, state politicians want to bow to the whims of a federal government clearly out of control, and work toward complying with an expensive and unconstitutional law.
Only grassroots supporters like you can stiffen the spines of state politicians!
Recently, grassroots activists like you did just that by forcing Governor Deal to reject ObamaCare exchanges in Georgia.
That was step one. Step two is to nullify ObamaCare once and for all.
Please sign the petition below to demand that our State refuse all efforts to implement ObamaCare and defend her citizens from its tyranny!
Nullify ObamaCare Petition
to My State Representative, State Senator, and the Governor
WHEREAS: The Tenth Amendment of the Constitution of the United States reads as follows: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."; and
WHEREAS: The Tenth Amendment defines the total scope of federal power as being that specifically granted by the Constitution of the United States and no more; and
WHEREAS: The scope of power defined by the Tenth Amendment means that the federal government was created by the states specifically to be an agent of the states; and
WHEREAS: ObamaCare grossly oversteps the powers granted to the United States by the Constitution; and
WHEREAS: The U.S. Supreme Court recently affirmed: "The States are separate and independent sovereigns. Sometimes they have to act like it."
THEREFORE: We demand that the State of Georgia nullify ObamaCare by adding "teeth" to the "Healthy Georgians Act of 2010" by:
- Forbidding the establishment of a state Health Insurance Exchange,
- Refusing to expand Medicaid,
- Specifically declaring the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" null and void within the State of Georgia,
- Forbidding state, federal, and other government agents from enforcing ObamaCare,
- Imposing criminal and civil sanctions on any government agent attempting to enforce ObamaCare, and
- Requiring the State Attorney General to represent aggrieved citizens in cases where government agents attempt to enforce ObamaCare.