Campaign for Liberty sent a survey to every candidate running for federal office in the November 6th election. Below are the questions and then the answers.
1. Will you cosponsor and call for roll call votes on Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed bill, designed to bring transparency to the Federal Reserve (H.R. 459/S. 202 in the 112th Congress)?
2. Will you support legislation removing capital gains and sales taxes on gold and silver coinage?
3. Will you vote to oppose any legislation that allows the federal government to prohibit the sale, use, or carrying of firearms?
4. Will you support a Balanced Budget Amendment to the Constitution that includes hard spending limits and allows for no increase in taxes or other federal revenue enhancements?
5. Will you support legislation that forbids U.S. troops from serving under United Nations command?
6. Do you support and will you vote to protect states asserting their rights under the Tenth
7. Will you oppose Big Labor’s Card Check bill and any other legislation designed to empower union bosses?
8. Do you support U.S. withdrawal from the United Nations?
9. Will you support legislation to shut down the Transportation Security Administration and place airport security back into private hands?
10. Will you oppose using U.S. forces to occupy a foreign nation without a declaration of war?
11. Will you support legislation that will repeal ObamaCare, including H.R. 1101, the End the Mandate Act?
12. Will you oppose so-called “Cap and Trade” legislation?
13. Will you support legislation such as the Smith/Amash Amendment to the NDAA of 2012, which would prevent the indefinite detention of U.S. Citizens and would ensure full Fifth Amendment rights to due process?
14. Will you vote against any budget that increases our debt?
15. Will you oppose federal power grabs like roving wiretaps and warrantless searches and oppose Patriot Act renewal that includes such items?
16. Will you oppose any legislation that requires states and citizens to participate in a
National Identification Card program?
17. Will you vote to oppose all taxpayer-funded benefits for illegal immigrants?
18. Will you support keeping our Internet free from government control and intrusion, including opposing power grabs like SOPA, CISPA, or any other bill that mandates more government intervention in the Internet?
19. Will you oppose all tax increases?
20. Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for: · Across-the-Board Income Tax Cut
· Capital Gains Tax Cut · Business Tax Cut · Estate Tax Cut
Survey Results- US Senate
|U.S. Senate||R||Mr. George F. Allen|
|U.S. Senate||D||Mr. Timothy M. Kaine|
Survey Results- US House
|Office||Dist 1||Party||Name||Q1||Q2||Q3||Q4||Q5||Q6||Q7||Q8||Q9||Q10||Q11||Q12||Q13||Q14||Q15||Q16||Q17||Q18||Q19||Income||Capital Gains||Business||Estate|
|US House||1||R||The Hon. Robert J. “Rob” Wittman|
|US House||1||D||Mr. Adam Cook|
|US House||1||IG||Ms. G. Gail Parker|
|US House||2||R||The Hon. E. Scott Rigell|
|US House||2||D||Mr. Paul O. Hirschbiel, Jr.|
|US House||3||D||The Hon. Robert C. “Bobby” Scott|
|US House||3||R||Mr. Dean L. Longo||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||Y||N||Y||Y||Y||Y|
|US House||4||R||The Hon. J. Randy Forbes|
|US House||4||D||Ms. Ella P. Ward|
|US House||5||R||The Hon. Robert Hurt|
|US House||5||D||Mr. John Wade Douglass|
|US House||5||IG||Mr. Kenneth Hildebrandt|
|US House||6||R||The Hon. Robert W. “Bob” Goodlatte|
|US House||6||D||Mr. Andrew B. Schmookler|
|US House||7||R||The Hon. Eric I. Cantor|
|US House||7||D||Mr. E. Wayne Powell|
|US House||8||D||The Hon. James P. “Jim” Moran, Jr.|
|US House||8||R||Mr. J. Patrick Murray|
|US House||8||IG||Ms. Janet Murphy|
|US House||8||I||Mr. Jason Howell|
|US House||9||R||The Hon. H. Morgan Griffith|
|US House||9||D||Mr. Anthony Falaccavento|
|US House||10||R||The Hon. Frank R. Wolf||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|US House||10||D||Ms. Kristin Cabral|
|US House||10||I||Mr. J. Kevin Chisholm|
|US House||11||D||The Hon. Gerald E. “Gerry” Connolly|
|US House||11||R||Mr. Chris S. Perkins|
|US House||11||G||Mr. Joe Galdo, Jr.|
|US House||11||IG||Mr. Peter Marchetti|
|US House||11||I||Mr. Christopher DeCarlo|
|US House||11||I||Mr. Mark Gibson|