Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for Statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you oppose efforts to cooperate with a national ID card system and vote to block all state funding for and cooperation with any national ID scheme including the Real ID and Pass ID programs?
2. Do you oppose the use of unmanned law enforcement devices, such as “Red Light Cameras,” being used to penalize citizens?
3. Will you support legislation to end the use of “no knock” warrants?
4. Will you oppose all efforts to equip state police with “extraction devices” that download all of citizens’ cell phone information without a warrant?
5. Will you support legislation to end warrantless unmanned drone surveillance?
6. Will you support legislation to block implementation of the indefinite detention of U.S. citizens in your state?
7. Do you support a bill that would protect a citizen\'s 4th amendment rights, and force the State to obtain a warrant prior to forcing a citizen to undergo a blood test, DNA extraction and databasing prior to conviction or for minor offences such as traff
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|Governor||R||Roni Bell Sylvester|
|Lt. Governor||D||Joe Garcia|
|Secretary of State||R||Wayne Williams|
|Secretary of State||D||Joe Neguse|
|Attorney General||R||Cynthia Coffman|
|Attorney General||R||Mark Waller|
|Attorney General||D||Don Quick|
|State Treasurer||R||Walker Stapleton|
|State Treasurer||D||Betsy Markey|