Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for Statewide Office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Would you support a bill that would remove the state and local government’s power to use eminent domain to confiscate citizen’s private property to transfer it to another private party for economic development purposes?
2. Will you support legislation modeled after Utah’s new laws, authorizing the state to use eminent domain to regain control of lands taken by the federal government within its own borders?
3. Will you support legislation to nullify ObamaCare and authorize state and local law enforcement to arrest federal officials attempting to implement the health care scheme, known as ObamaCare?
4. Will you support legislation that will allow citizens to make their own health care decisions, including the use of alternative medicine, remedies, and procedures?
5. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases?
6. Will you support repeal of your state’s participation in Common Core?
7. Will you support legislation to end warrantless drone surveillance?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|SECRETARY OF STATE||R||Ed Buchanan|
|SECRETARY OF STATE||R||Pete Illoway|
|SECRETARY OF STATE||R||Ed Murray|
|SECRETARY OF STATE||R||Clark Stith|
|STATE AUDITOR||R||Cynthia Cloud|
|STATE TREASURER||R||Mark Gordon|
|STATE TREASURER||R||Ron Redo|
|SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION||R||Jillian Balow|
|SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION||R||Sheryl Lain|
|SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION||R||Bill Winney|
|SUPERINTENDENT OF PUBLIC INSTRUCTION||D||Mike Ceballos|