Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you support the passage of a law requiring that all votes made in the Kansas legislature be recorded and made available to the public, including votes made in committee?
2. Will you support repeal of your state’s participation in Common Core?
3. Will you support legislation to end warrantless drone surveillance?
4. Do you oppose the use of state funds to advocate for growing the size of government through the use of hiring government employees as lobbyists, and/or paying for the lobbying activities of private groups or associations?
5. Will you support a full repeal of the state’s renewable energy portfolio standards?
6. Would you support a bill that would remove the state and local government’s power to use eminent domain to confiscate citizen’s private property to transfer it to another private party for economic development purposes?
7. Will you support legislation that would allow TSA agents to be charged with sexual assault if they use invasive “pat-down” procedures?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|Secretary of State||R||Kris Kobach|
|Secretary of State||D||Jean Schodorf|
|Attorney General||R||Derek Schmidt|
|Attorney General||D||A.J. Kotich|
|State Insurance Commissioner||R||Ken Selzer|
|State Insurance Commissioner||D||Dennis Anderson|
|State Treasurer||R||Ron Estes|
|State Treasurer||D||Carmen Alldritt|