Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you support a “Constitutional Carry” bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm concealed without a permit?
2. Will you support repeal of your state’s participation in Common Core?
3. Will you support legislation to end warrantless drone surveillance?
4. Will you support legislation to block implementation of the indefinite detention of U.S. citizens in your state?
5. Will you support removing the current exemption so that legislators will be required to comply with the South Carolina Freedom of Information Act the same as every other branch and level of government?
6. Will you support full transparency for all “economic development” deals that involve giving public money, land, grants, subsidies or incentives to any private entity as described above?
7. Will you support legislation that will require full income source disclosure for all elected officials?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|Lt. Governor||R||Henry McMaster|
|Lt. Governor||D||Bakari Sellers|
|Secretary of State||R||Mark Hammond|
|Secretary of State||D||Ginny Deerin|
|Attorney General||R||Alan Wilson|
|Attorney General||D||Parnell Diggs|
|Adjutant General||R||Bob Livingston|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||R||Hugh Weathers|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||A||Emile DeFelice|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||UC||David Edmond|
|Comptroller General||R||Richard Eckstrom|
|Comptroller General||D||Kyle Herbert|
|State Superintendent||R||Molly Mitchell Spearman|
|State Superintendent||D||Tom Thompson|
|State Superintendent||A||Ed Murray|
|State Treasurer||R||Curtis Loftis|