Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you oppose efforts to cooperate with a national ID card system and vote to block all state funding for and cooperation with any national ID scheme including the Real ID and Pass ID programs?
2. Do you oppose the centralization of school curriculum through Common Core Standards and support the removal of the accompanying Statewide Student Information System completely?
3. Will you support a “Constitutional Carry” bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm concealed without a permit?
4. If elected would you support the Firearms Protection Act, which includes penalties, which protects residents of Wisconsin from unconstitutional federal infringements on their Second Amendment rights by asserting the state’s Tenth Amendment rights?
5. Will you oppose all efforts to equip state police with “extraction devices” that download all of citizens’ cell phone information without a warrant?
6. Will you support legislation to end the use of “no knock” warrants?
7. Will you support legislation eliminating and then banning DNA collection on arrest without a warrant?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|Secretary Of State||R||Julian Bradley|
|Secretary Of State||D||Doug La Follette|
|Secretary Of State||L||Andy Craig|
|Attorney General||R||Brad Schimel|
|Attorney General||D||Susan Happ|
|Attorney General||L||Tom Nelson|
|State Treasurer||R||Matt Adamczyk|
|State Treasurer||D||David Sartori|
|State Treasurer||G||Ron Hardy|
|State Treasurer||L||Jerry Shidell|