Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for State Legislature an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you support a “Constitutional Carry” bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm concealed without a permit?
2. Will you support a bill that would repeal ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion in Michigan?
3. Will you support repeal of Michigan’s participation in Common Core?
4. Do you oppose state and local funds being used to support private organizations, which are lobbying government?
5. Will you support legislation that would protect a citizen’s right to film public officials performing their official duties, as long as they do not interfere with official duties?
6. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases?
7. Will you support legislation that creates a part-time legislature in Michigan?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|State House||75||R||Blake Edmonds||Grand Rapids|
|State House||75||D||David LaGrand||Grand Rapids|
|State House||80||R||Mary Whiteford||Allegan|
|State House||80||D||David Gernant||Plainwell|
|State House||80||L||Arnie Davidsons||Martin|
|State House||82||R||Gary Howell||North Branch|
|State House||82||D||Margaret Guerrero DeLuca||Imlay City|
|State House||82||L||Tracy R. Spilker||Hadley|