Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for Federal office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you cosponsor and support efforts for roll call votes on Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed bill, designed to bring transparency to the Federal Reserve (H.R. 24/S. 264 in the 114th Congress)?
2. Will you vote to oppose any legislation that allows the federal government to prohibit the sale, use, or carrying of firearms?
3. Will you oppose the “Restoration of America’s Wire Act”, which would completely ban online gambling and is pushed by one billionaire Las Vegas casino owner?
4. Will you support legislation to shut down the Transportation Security Administration and place airport security back into private hands?
5. Will you oppose using military action without a declaration of war?
6. Will you support and cast every vote for legislation that will repeal or defund ObamaCare?
7. Will you oppose any legislation that will force online businesses to collect sales taxes across state lines and increase costs on the American consumer, whether it is the so-called “Marketplace Fairness Act” or any other Internet sales tax sch
8. Will you oppose federal power grabs like roving wiretaps and warrantless searches and oppose Patriot Act renewal that includes such items, including the NSA’s unconstitutional spying program?
9. Will you oppose any legislation that requires states and citizens to participate in a National Identification program, including mandatory E-Verify?
10. Will you support keeping our Internet free from government control and intrusion, including opposing power grabs such as SOPA, CISA, or any other bill that mandates more government intervention in the Internet?
11. Will you oppose all tax increases?
Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for:
A) Across-the-Board Income Tax Cut
B) Capital Gains Tax Cut
C) Business Tax Cut
D) Estate Tax Cut
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|US Senate||R||Don Eckhart|
|US Senate||R||Rob Portman|
|US Senate||R||Melissa Strzala|
|US Senate||D||Kelli Prather||B, D|
|US Senate||D||P.G. Sittenfeld|
|US Senate||D||Ted Strickland|
|U.S. House||1||R||Steve Chabot|
|U.S. House||1||D||Jim Berns|
|U.S. House||1||D||Fred Kundrata|
|U.S. House||2||R||Brad Wenstrup|
|U.S. House||2||D||Russ Hurley|
|U.S. House||2||D||Jim Lewis|
|U.S. House||2||D||Ronny Richards|
|U.S. House||2||D||William Smith|
|U.S. House||3||R||John Adams|
|U.S. House||3||D||Joyce Beatty|
|U.S. House||4||R||Jim Jordan|
|U.S. House||4||D||Norbert Dennerll|
|U.S. House||4||D||Janet Garrett|
|U.S. House||4||D||Daniel Johnson|
|U.S. House||5||R||Bob Latta|
|U.S. House||5||D||James Neu|
|U.S. House||6||R||Bill Johnson|
|U.S. House||6||D||Mick Davenport|
|U.S. House||6||D||Mike Lorentz|
|U.S. House||7||R||Bob Gibbs|
|U.S. House||7||R||Terry Robertson||A, B, C, D|
|U.S. House||7||D||Roy Rich|
|U.S. House||7||D||Bobby Spence|
|U.S. House||8||R||Matthew Asworth|
|U.S. House||8||R||Bill Beagle|
|U.S. House||8||R||Warren Davidson|
|U.S. House||8||R||Tim Derickson|
|U.S. House||8||R||Donald Feerer|
|U.S. House||8||R||Scott George||A, B, C, D|
|U.S. House||8||R||Eric Haemmerle|
|U.S. House||8||R||Terri King|
|U.S. House||8||R||Joe Malvey|
|U.S. House||8||R||Edward Meer|
|U.S. House||8||R||Jim Robbins|
|U.S. House||8||R||Michael Smith|
|U.S. House||8||R||Jim Spurlino|
|U.S. House||8||R||Kevin White||A, B, C, D|
|U.S. House||8||R||J.D. Winteregg||A, B, C, D|
|U.S. House||8||R||George Wooley|
|U.S. House||8||D||Corey Foister|
|U.S. House||9||R||Steve Kraus||A, B, C, D|
|U.S. House||9||R||Donald Larson|
|U.S. House||9||R||Joel Lieske|
|U.S. House||9||D||Marcy Kaptur|
|U.S. House||10||R||Robert Klepinger|
|U.S. House||10||R||Mike Turner|
|U.S. House||11||R||Beverly Goldstein|
|U.S. House||11||D||Marcia Fudge|
|U.S. House||12||R||Pat Tiberi|
|U.S. House||12||D||Edward Albertson|
|U.S. House||12||D||Ray Allen Stone|
|U.S. House||13||R||Richard Morckel|
|U.S. House||13||D||John Luchansky|
|U.S. House||13||D||Tim Ryan|
|U.S. House||14||R||David Joyce|
|U.S. House||14||R||Matt Lynch||A, B, C, D|
|U.S. House||14||D||Alfred Mackey|
|U.S. House||14||D||Michael Wager|
|U.S. House||15||R||Steve Stivers|
|U.S. House||15||D||Scott Wharton|
|U.S. House||16||R||Jim Renacci|
|U.S. House||16||D||Keith Mundy|