Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for South Carolina HD 28 an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases?
2. Do you support eliminating the PURC and PSC along with selling Santee Cooper?
3. Will you oppose all efforts to apply to the U.S. Congress for an Article V Convention?
4. Will you oppose any bill that impedes free speech, including any so-called ethics reform bill that would require a citizen organization to divulge its donor or member information?
5. Will you support legislation that would end “policing for profit”, including equitable sharing with federal authorities, require charges be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
6. Will you support a “Constitutional Carry” bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm openly and concealed without a permit?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|State Representative||28||R||Krystal Blume|
|State Representative||28||R||Jonathan Smith|
|State Representative||28||R||Ashley Trantham|
|State Representative||28||R||Bill Welch|