Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for State Legislature an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and work to cut taxes and spending instead?
2. Will you oppose all efforts to apply to the U.S. Congress for an Article V Convention and support legislation to rescind any existing applications?
3. Will you oppose any bill that impedes free speech, including any so-called “campaign finance” or “campaign practice” bill that would require a citizen organization to divulge its donor or member information?
4. Will you support legislation recognizing precious metals as legal tender and as such, exempt precious metals from all state taxation?
5. Will you support legislation to end warrantless drone surveillance and ban the arming of law enforcement drones with lethal and non-lethal weapons?
6. Do you oppose taking federal money to expand Medicaid?
7. Will you support efforts to restore control over education to the state, local school boards, and individual families by rejecting federal education funding with strings attached?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|State Senate||2||Robert Clements||Elmwood|
|State Senate||4||Robert Hikemann||Omaha|
|State Senate||6||Machaela Cavanaugh||Omaha|
|State Senate||8||Megan Hunt||Omaha|
|State Senate||10||Matt Deaver||Bennington|
|State Senate||10||Wendy Deboer||Bennington|
|State Senate||12||Steve Lathrop||Omaha|
|State Senate||14||John Arch||La Vista|
|State Senate||16||Ben Hansen||Blair|
|State Senate||18||Brett Lindstrom||Omaha|
|State Senate||20||John McCollister||Omaha|
|State Senate||22||Mike Moser||Columbus|
|State Senate||24||Mark Kolterman||Seward|
|State Senate||26||Matt Hansen||Lincoln|
|State Senate||28||Patty Brooks||Lincoln|
|State Senate||30||Myron Dorn||Adams|
|State Senate||32||Tom Brandt||Plymouth|
|State Senate||34||Curt Friesen||Henderson|
|State Senate||36||Matt Williams||Gothenburg|
|State Senate||38||Dave Murman||Glenvil|
|State Senate||40||Timothy Gragert||Creighton|
|State Senate||42||Mike Groene||North Platte|
|State Senate||44||Dan Hughes||Venango|
|State Senate||46||Adam Morfeld||Lincoln|
|State Senate||48||John Stinner||Gering|