Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for Statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and work to cut taxes and spending instead?
2. Will you oppose all efforts to apply to the U.S. Congress for an Article V Convention and support legislation to rescind any existing applications?
3. Will you oppose any bill that impedes free speech, including any so-called “campaign finance” or “campaign practice” bill that would require a citizen organization to divulge its donor or member information?
4. Will you support legislation recognizing precious metals as legal tender and as such, exempt precious metals from all state taxation?
5. Do you oppose the use of unmanned law enforcement devices being used to penalize citizens?
6. Will you support legislation to end warrantless drone surveillance and ban the arming of law enforcement drones with lethal and non-lethal weapons?
7. Will you support efforts to restore control over education to the state, local school boards, and individual families by rejecting federal education funding with strings attached?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|Secretary of State||R||Paul Pate|
|Secretary of State||D||Deidre DeJear|
|Secretary of State||D||Jim Mowrer|
|Attorney General||D||Tom Miller|