Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for Statewide Office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and work to cut taxes and spending instead?
2. Will you oppose all efforts to apply to the U.S. Congress for an Article V Convention and support legislation to rescind any existing applications?
3. Will you oppose any bill that impedes free speech, including any so-called "campaign finance" or "campaign practice" bill that would require a citizen organization to divulge its donor or member information?
4. Will you support legislation that would end "policing for profit," including equitable sharing with federal authorities, require charges to be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
5. Will you support a "Constitutional Carry" bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm openly and concealed without a permit?
6. Do you support eliminating the PURC and PSC along with selling Santee Cooper?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|Governor||R||John Yancey McGill|
|Secretary of State||R||Nelson Faerber|
|Secretary of State||R||Mark Hammond|
|Secretary of State||R||Joshua Putnam|
|Secretary of State||R||Kerry Wood|
|Secretary of State||D||Melvin Whittenburg|
|Attorney General||R||Todd Atwater|
|Attorney General||R||William Herlong|
|Attorney General||R||Alan Wilson|
|Attorney General||D||Constance Anastopoulo|