Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for State Legislature an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and work to cut taxes and spending instead?
2. Will you oppose all efforts to apply to the U.S. Congress for an Article V Convention and support legislation to rescind any existing applications?
3. Will you oppose any bill that impedes free speech, including any so-called “campaign finance” or “campaign practice” bill that would require a citizen organization to divulge its donor or member information?
4. Do you oppose the use of unmanned law enforcement devices being used to penalize citizens?
5. Will you support legislation that would end “policing for profit,” including equitable sharing with federal authorities, require charges be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
6. Will you support efforts to restore control over education to the state, local school boards, and individual families by rejecting federal education funding with strings attached?
7. Will you support a “Constitutional Carry” bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm concealed without a permit?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|Governor||D||James Hugh Jones|
|Governor||D||Krish O'Mara Vignarajah|
|Lt. Governor||R||Boyd Rutherford|
|Lt. Governor||D||Sharon Blake|
|Lt. Governor||D||Elizabeth Embry|
|Lt. Governor||D||Freda Jaffe|
|Lt. Governor||D||Luwanda Jenkins|
|Lt. Governor||D||Brandon Scott|
|Lt. Governor||D||Susan Turnbull|
|Lt. Governor||D||Julie Verratti|
|Lt. Governor||D||Charles Waters|
|Attorney General||R||Craig Wolf|
|Attorney General||D||Brian E. Frosh|