Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for State Legislature an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and work to cut taxes and spending instead?
2. Will you oppose any bill that impedes free speech, including any so-called “campaign finance” or “campaign practice” bill that would require a citizen organization to divulge its donor or member information?
3. Will you support legislation recognizing precious metals as legal tender and as such, exempt precious metals from all state taxation?
4. Will you support legislation that would end “policing for profit,” including equitable sharing with federal authorities, require charges be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
5. Do you oppose taking federal money to expand Medicaid?
6. Will you support legislation requiring all votes made in the Kansas legislature be recorded and made available to the public, including votes made in committee?
7. Will you oppose every piece of legislation that infringes in any way on gun rights for law-abiding Kansans?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|Secretary of State||R||Scott Schwab||Olathe|
|Secretary of State||D||Brian McClendon||Lawrence|
|Secretary of State||L||Rob Hodgkinson|
|Attorney General||Republican||Derek Schmidt||Independence|
|Attorney General||Republican||Vermin Supreme||Rockport|
|Governor / Lt. Governor||R||Kris Kobach||Topeka|
|Governor / Lt. Governor||D||Laura Kelly||Topeka|
|Governor / Lt. Governor||I||Rick Kloos|
|Governor / Lt. Governor||I||Greg Orman|
|Governor / Lt. Governor||L||Jeff Caldwell|