Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for State Legislature an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and work to cut taxes and spending instead?
2. Will you oppose all efforts to apply to the U.S. Congress for an Article V Convention and support legislation to rescind any existing applications?
3. Will you oppose any bill that impedes free speech, including any so-called “campaign finance” or “campaign practice” bill that would require a citizen organization to divulge its donor or member information?
4. Will you support legislation recognizing precious metals as legal tender and as such, exempt precious metals from all state taxation?
5. Will you support legislation that would end “policing for profit,” including equitable sharing with federal authorities, require charges be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
6. Will you support efforts to restore control over education to the state, local school boards, and individual families by rejecting federal education funding with strings attached?
7. Will you support legislation authorizing the state to regain control of lands taken by the federal government within its own borders?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|State Senate||A||R||Peter Kelly||Fairbanks|
|State Senate||A||D||Scott Kawasaki||Fairbanks|
|State Senate||C||R||Clark Bishop||Fairbanks|
|State Senate||E||R||Michael Shower||Wasilla|
|State Senate||G||R||Lora Reinbold||Eagle River|
|State Senate||I||D||Elvira Gray-Jackson||Anchorage|
|State Senate||K||R||Mia Costello||Anchorage|
|State Senate||M||R||Christopher Birch||Anchorage|
|State Senate||O||R||Peter Micciche||Soldotna|
|State Senate||Q||D||Jesse Kiehl||Juneau|
|State Senate||S||D||Lyman Hoffman||bethel|
|State Representative||1||R||Barton LeBon||Fairbanks|
|State Representative||1||D||Kathryn Dodge||Fairbanks|
|State Representative||1||P||Simon PJ||Fairbanks|
|State Representative||2||R||Stephen Thompson||Fairbanks|
|State Representative||3||R||Tamara Wilson||North Pole|
|State Representative||4||D||Grier Hopkins||Fairbanks|
|State Representative||5||D||Adam Wool||Fairbanks|
|State Representative||6||R||David Talerico||Healy|
|State Representative||7||R||Colleen Sullivan-Leonard||Wasilla|
|State Representative||8||R||Mark Neuman||Big Lake|
|State Representative||9||R||George Rauscher||Palmer|
|State Representative||10||R||David Eastman||Wasilla|
|State Representative||11||R||Delena Johnson|
|State Representative||12||R||Cathy Tilton||Wasilla|
|State Representative||13||R||Nancy Dahlstrom||Eagle River|
|State Representative||14||R||Kelly Merrick||Eagle River|
|State Representative||15||R||Gabrielle LeDoux||Anchorage|
|State Representative||16||D||Ivy Spohnholz||Anchorage|
|State Representative||17||D||Andrew Josephson||Anchorage|
|State Representative||18||D||Harriet Drummond||Anchorage|
|State Representative||19||D||Geran Tarr||Anchorage|
|State Representative||21||D||Matthew Claman||Anchorage|
|State Representative||22||R||Sara Rasmussen||Anchorage|
|State Representative||23||D||Chris Tuck||Anchorage|
|State Representative||24||R||Charles Kopp||Anchorage|
|State Representative||25||R||Joshua Revak||Anchorage|
|State Representative||26||R||Ladislau Shaw||Anchorage|
|State Representative||27||R||Lance Pruitt||Anchorage|
|State Representative||28||R||Jennifer Johnston||Anchorage|
|State Representative||29||R||Benjamin Carpenter||Kenai|
|State Representative||30||R||Gary Knopp||Kenai|
|State Representative||31||R||Sarah Vance||Homer|
|State Representative||32||R||Louise Stutes||Kodiak|
|State Representative||33||D||Sara Hannan||Douglas|
|State Representative||34||D||Andrea Story||Juneau|
|State Representative||35||D||Jonathan Kreiss-Tomkins||Sitka|
|State Representative||36||R||Trevor Shaw||Ward Cove|
|State Representative||36||D||Ghert Abbott||Ketchikan|
|State Representative||36||P||Daniel Ortiz||Ketchikan|
|State Representative||37||D||Bryce Edgmon||Dillingham|
|State Representative||38||D||Tiffany Zulkosky||Bethel|
|State Representative||39||D||Neal Foster||Nome|
|State Representative||40||D||John Lincoln||Kotzebue|
|State Representative||Sandra Katelnikoff-Lester||Kodiak|