Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for State Legislature an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and work to cut taxes and spending instead?
2. Will you oppose all efforts to apply to the U.S. Congress for an Article V Convention and support legislation to rescind any existing applications?
3. Will you oppose any bill that impedes free speech, including any so-called “campaign finance” or “campaign practice” bill that would require a citizen organization to divulge its donor or member information?
4. Will you support legislation recognizing precious metals as legal tender and as such, exempt precious metals from all state taxation?
5. Will you support legislation that would end “policing for profit,” including equitable sharing with federal authorities, require charges be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
6. Will you support efforts to restore control over education to the state, local school boards, and individual families by rejecting federal education funding with strings attached?
7. Will you support legislation authorizing the state to regain control of lands taken by the federal government within its own borders?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Yes and will sponsor, = Chose not to answer
|Lt. Governor||R||Lynn Gattis||Wasilla|
|Lt. Governor||R||Edith Grunwald||Palmer|
|Lt. Governor||R||Sharon Jackson Portch||Eagle River|
|Lt. Governor||R||Kevin Meyer||Anchorage|
|Lt. Governor||R||Gary Stevens||Kodiak|
|Lt. Governor||R||Stephen Wright||Wasilla|
|Lt. Governor||D||Debra Call||Anchorage|
|Lt. Governor||P||Byron Mallott||Anchorage|