Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for State Legislature an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you cosponsor and support efforts for roll call votes on the Audit the Fed bill, designed to bring transparency to the Federal Reserve?
2. Will you oppose legislation allowing roving wiretaps and warrantless searches and oppose U.S.A. Freedom Act renewal that includes such items?
3. Will you support legislation that would end “policing for profit,” including equitable sharing, require charges to be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
4. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and vote for tax cuts?
5. Will you support efforts to slash wasteful spending and oppose any debt limit increase?
6. Will you support all efforts to slash government bureaucracy, increase accountability, and vote to pass the REINS Act?
7. Will you support legislation to fully repeal ObamaCare and oppose efforts to give the federal government more control of health care?
8. Will you oppose all infringements on law-abiding citizens’ Second Amendment rights?
9. Will you oppose using military action without a congressional declaration of war?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|U.S. Representative||1||Democratic||John B. Larson|
|U.S. Representative||1||Republican||Mary Fay|
|U.S. Representative||1||Republican||James L. Griffin|
|U.S. Representative||2||Democratic||Joe Courtney|
|U.S. Representative||2||Republican||Justin Anderson|
|U.S. Representative||2||Republican||Thomas Gilmer|
|U.S. Representative||3||Democratic||Rosa L. DeLauro|
|U.S. Representative||3||Republican||Margaret Streicker|
|U.S. Representative||4||Democratic||Jim Himes|
|U.S. Representative||4||Republican||Michael Goldstein|
|U.S. Representative||4||Republican||Jonathan Riddle|
|U.S. Representative||5||Democratic||Jahana Hayes|
|U.S. Representative||5||Republican||David X. Sullivan|