Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for Federal Office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you cosponsor and support efforts for roll call votes on Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed bill, designed to bring transparency to the Federal Reserve (H.R. 24/S. 209 in the 113th Congress)?
2. Will you support legislation removing capital gains and sales taxes on gold and silver coinage?
3. Will you vote to oppose any legislation that allows the federal government to prohibit the sale, use, or carrying of firearms?
4. Will you support ending all foreign aid?
5. Will you oppose any debt limit increase?
6. Do you support and will you vote to protect states asserting their rights under the Tenth Amendment?
7. Will you oppose Big Labor’s Card Check bill and any other legislation designed to empower union bosses?
8. Will you cosponsor legislation such as the American Sovereignty Restoration Act (H.R. 75 in the 113th Congress) to withdraw the U.S. from the United Nations?
9. Will you support legislation to shut down the Transportation Security Administration and place airport security back into private hands?
10. Will you oppose using military action without a declaration of war?
11. Will you support and cast every vote for legislation that will repeal or defund ObamaCare?
12. Will you oppose any legislation that will force online businesses to collect sales taxes and increase costs on the American consumer, whether it is the so-called “Marketplace Fairness Act” or any other Internet sales tax scheme?
13. Will you support legislation that would prevent the indefinite detention of American citizens and would ensure full Fifth Amendment rights to due process?
14. Will you vote against any budget that increases our deficit?
15. Will you oppose federal power grabs like roving wiretaps and warrantless searches and oppose Patriot Act renewal that includes such items?
16. Will you support efforts to end the NSA’s unconstitutional domestic spying program?
17. Will you oppose any legislation that requires states and citizens to participate in a National Identification program, including mandatory E-Verify?
18. Will you support keeping our Internet free from government control and intrusion, including opposing power grabs such as SOPA, CISPA, or any other bill that mandates more government intervention in the Internet?
19. Will you oppose all tax increases?
Indicate the tax cuts you are willing to vote for:
A) Across-the-Board Income Tax Cut
B) Capital Gains Tax Cut
C) Business Tax Cut
D) Estate Tax Cut
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|US House||1||R||Jimmy Lee Tillman|
|US House||1||D||Bobby L. Rush|
|US House||2||R||Eric M. Wallace||A, B, C, D|
|US House||2||D||Robin Kelly|
|US House||2||D||Marcus Lewis|
|US House||2||D||Charles Rayburn|
|US House||3||R||Sharon M. Brannigan||A, B, C, D|
|US House||3||R||Diane M. Harris||A, B, C, D|
|US House||3||D||Daniel William Lipinski|
|US House||4||R||Hector Concepcion|
|US House||4||D||Alexandra Eidenberg|
|US House||4||D||Luis V. Gutierrez|
|US House||4||D||Jorge Gerardo Zavala|
|US House||5||D||Mike Quigley|
|US House||6||R||Peter J. Roskam|
|US House||6||D||Michael Mason|
|US House||7||R||Robert L. Bumpers|
|US House||7||D||Danny K. Davis|
|US House||7||D||Dan Roche|
|US House||8||R||Manju Goel|
|US House||8||R||Larry Kaifesh|
|US House||8||D||Tammy Duckworth|
|US House||9||R||Susanne Atanus|
|US House||9||R||David Earl Williams||A, B, C, D|
|US House||9||D||Janice D. Schakowsky|
|US House||10||R||Robert Dold|
|US House||10||D||Arlene Hickory|
|US House||10||D||Brad Schneider|
|US House||11||R||Chris Balkema||A, B, C, D|
|US House||11||R||Ian Bayne||A, B, C, D|
|US House||11||R||Bert Miller|
|US House||11||R||Craig Robbins|
|US House||11||R||Darlene Senger|
|US House||11||D||Bill Foster|
|US House||12||R||Mike Bost|
|US House||12||D||William L. "Bill" Enyart|
|US House||13||R||Rodney Davis|
|US House||13||R||Michael Firsching|
|US House||13||R||Erika Harold|
|US House||13||D||Ann E. Callis|
|US House||13||D||George Gollin|
|US House||13||D||David L. Green|
|US House||14||R||Randall M. "Randy" Hultgren|
|US House||14||D||Dennis Anderson|
|US House||14||D||John J. Hosta||D|
|US House||15||R||John M. Shimkus|
|US House||15||D||Eric Thorsland|
|US House||16||R||David J. Hale||A, B, C, D|
|US House||16||R||Adam Kinzinger|
|US House||16||D||Randall Wayne Olsen|
|US House||17||R||Eric Reyes|
|US House||17||R||Bobby Schilling|
|US House||17||D||Cheri Bustos|
|US House||18||R||Aaron Schock|
|US House||18||D||Rob Mellon|
|US House||18||D||Darrel Miller|
|US Senate||N/A||R||Armen Alvarez|
|US Senate||N/A||R||William Lee||A, B, C, D|
|US Senate||N/A||R||James D. "Jim" Oberweis||A, B, C, D|
|US Senate||N/A||R||Douglas Lee Truax|
|US Senate||N/A||D||Richard J. Durbin|