Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions.
1. Will you oppose efforts to cooperate with a national ID card system and vote to block all state funding for and cooperation with any national ID scheme including the Real ID and Pass ID programs?
2. Do you oppose the use of unmanned law enforcement devices being used to penalize citizens?
3. Do you oppose the use of state funds to advocate for growing the size of government through the use of hiring government employees as lobbyists, and/or paying for the lobbying activities of private groups or associations?
4. Will you support legislation that would allow TSA agents to be charged with sexual assault if they use invasive “pat-down” procedures?
5. Will you support legislation to protect the citizens of your state from federal officials who are implementing mandates in ObamaCare by creating state criminal sanctions?
6. Will you support legislation to end the use of “no knock” warrants?
7. Will you oppose any attempt to pass a ban on texting while driving as a primary reason for a traffic stop by law enforcement?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|Attorney General||R||Ken Paxton|
|Attorney General||D||Sam Houston|
|Attorney General||G||Jamar Osborne|
|Attorney General||L||Jamie Balagia|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||R||Sid Miller|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||D||Jim Hogan|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||G||Kenneth Kendrick|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||L||David Palmquist|
|Commissioner of the General Land Office||R||George Bush|
|Commissioner of the General Land Office||D||John Cook|
|Commissioner of the General Land Office||L||Justin Knight|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||R||Glenn Hegar|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||D||Mike Collier|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||G||Deb Shafto|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||L||Ben Sanders|
|Lieutenant Governor||R||Dan Patrick|
|Lieutenant Governor||D||Leticia Van de Putte|
|Lieutenant Governor||G||Chandrakantha Courtney|
|Lieutenant Governor||L||Robert Butler|
|Railroad Commissioner||R||Ryan Sitton|
|Railroad Commissioner||D||Steve Brown|
|Railroad Commissioner||G||Martina Salinas|
|Railroad Commissioner||L||Mark Miller|