Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for federal office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you cosponsor and support efforts for roll call votes on the Audit the Fed bill, designed to bring transparency to the Federal Reserve?
2. Will you oppose legislation allowing roving wiretaps and warrantless searches and oppose Patriot Act renewal that includes such items?
3. Will you support legislation that would end “policing for profit,” including equitable sharing, require charges to be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
4. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and vote for tax cuts?
5. Will you support efforts to slash wasteful spending and oppose any debt limit increase?
6. Will you oppose any Internet Sales Tax scheme that forces online businesses to collect sales taxes and increases costs on the American consumer?
7. Will you support all efforts to slash government bureaucracy, increase accountability, and vote to pass the REINS Act?
8. Will you support legislation to fully repeal PPACA?
9. Will you oppose all efforts to ban Online Gaming?
10. Will you oppose using military action without a congressional declaration of war?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|U.S. Representative||1||R||Andrew Candler|
|U.S. Representative||1||R||Jim Hagedorn|
|U.S. Representative||1||R||Carla Nelson|
|U.S. Representative||1||R||Steve Williams|
|U.S. Representative||1||D||Dan Feehan|
|U.S. Representative||1||D||Colin Minehart|
|U.S. Representative||2||R||Jason Lewis|
|U.S. Representative||2||D||Angie Craig|
|U.S. Representative||3||R||Erik Paulsen|
|U.S. Representative||3||D||Dean Phillips|
|U.S. Representative||3||D||Cole Young|
|U.S. Representative||4||R||Greg Ryan|
|U.S. Representative||4||D||Muad Hassan|
|U.S. Representative||4||D||Betty McCollum|
|U.S. Representative||4||D||Reid Rossell|
|U.S. Representative||5||R||Bob Carney|
|U.S. Representative||5||R||Christopher Chamberlin|
|U.S. Representative||5||R||Jennifer Zielinski|
|U.S. Representative||5||D||Jamal Abdi Abdulahi|
|U.S. Representative||5||D||Margaret Anderson Kelliher|
|U.S. Representative||5||D||Bobby Joe Champion|
|U.S. Representative||5||D||Frank Nelson Drake|
|U.S. Representative||5||D||Kim Ellison|
|U.S. Representative||5||D||Ilhan Omar|
|U.S. Representative||5||D||Julie Sabo|
|U.S. Representative||5||D||Patricia Torres Ray|
|U.S. Representative||6||R||Tom Emmer|
|U.S. Representative||6||R||A.J. Kern|
|U.S. Representative||6||R||Patrick Munro|
|U.S. Representative||6||D||Ian Todd|
|U.S. Representative||7||R||Dave Hughes|
|U.S. Representative||7||R||Matt Prosch|
|U.S. Representative||7||D||Collin C. Peterson|
|U.S. Representative||8||R||Pete Stauber|
|U.S. Representative||8||R||Harry Robb Welty|
|U.S. Representative||8||D||Kirsten Kennedy|
|U.S. Representative||8||D||Michelle D. Lee|
|U.S. Representative||8||D||Jason Metsa|
|U.S. Representative||8||D||Joe Radinovich|
|U.S. Representative||8||D||Soren Christian Sorensen|
|U.S. Senate||R||Merrill Anderson|
|U.S. Senate||R||Rae Hart Anderson|
|U.S. Senate||R||Bob Anderson|
|U.S. Senate||R||Nikolay Nikolayevich Bey|
|U.S. Senate||R||Roque De La Fuente|
|U.S. Senate||R||Karin Housley|
|U.S. Senate||R||Jim Newberger|
|U.S. Senate||D||Ali Chehem Ali|
|U.S. Senate||D||Steve Carlson|
|U.S. Senate||D||Stephen A. Emery|
|U.S. Senate||D||David Robert Groves|
|U.S. Senate||D||Gregg A. Iverson|
|U.S. Senate||D||Amy Klobuchar|
|U.S. Senate||D||Nick Leonard|
|U.S. Senate||D||Richard W. Painter|
|U.S. Senate||D||Leonard J. Richards|
|U.S. Senate||D||Christopher Lovell Seymore|
|U.S. Senate||D||Tina Smith|