Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for federal office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you cosponsor and support efforts for roll call votes on the Audit the Fed bill, designed to bring transparency to the Federal Reserve?
2. Will you oppose legislation allowing roving wiretaps and warrantless searches and oppose Patriot Act renewal that includes such items?
3. Will you support legislation that would end “policing for profit,” including equitable sharing, require charges to be filed before any assets are seized by law enforcement, and ensure that property is returned if charges are dropped or the suspect is acquitted?
4. Will you oppose all tax and fee increases and vote for tax cuts?
5. Will you support efforts to slash wasteful spending and oppose any debt limit increase?
6. Will you oppose any Internet Sales Tax scheme that forces online businesses to collect sales taxes and increases costs on the American consumer?
7. Will you support all efforts to slash government bureaucracy, increase accountability, and vote to pass the REINS Act?
8. Will you support legislation to fully repeal PPACA?
9. Will you oppose all efforts to ban Online Gaming?
10. Will you oppose using military action without a congressional declaration of war?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|U.S. Representative||1||R||Louie Gohmert|
|U.S. Representative||1||D||Shirley McKellar|
|U.S. Representative||2||R||Daniel Crenshaw|
|U.S. Representative||2||D||Todd Litton|
|U.S. Representative||3||R||Van Taylor|
|U.S. Representative||3||D||Lorie Burch|
|U.S. Representative||4||R||John Ratcliffe|
|U.S. Representative||4||D||Catherine Krantz|
|U.S. Representative||5||R||Earl Brunner|
|U.S. Representative||5||R||Lance Gooden|
|U.S. Representative||5||R||Bunni Pounds|
|U.S. Representative||6||R||Jake Ellzey|
|U.S. Representative||6||R||Ronald Wright|
|U.S. Representative||6||D||Jana Lynne Sanchez|
|U.S. Representative||6||D||Ruby Faye Woolridge|
|U.S. Representative||7||R||John Culberson|
|U.S. Representative||7||D||Laura Moser|
|U.S. Representative||7||D||Lizzie Pannill Fletcher|
|U.S. Representative||8||R||Kevin Brady|
|U.S. Representative||8||D||Steven David|
|U.S. Representative||9||D||Al Green|
|U.S. Representative||10||R||Michael McCaul|
|U.S. Representative||10||D||Richie DeGrow|
|U.S. Representative||10||D||Mike Siegel|
|U.S. Representative||11||R||Mike Conaway|
|U.S. Representative||11||D||Jennie Lou Leeder|
|U.S. Representative||12||R||Kay Granger|
|U.S. Representative||12||D||Vanessa Adia|
|U.S. Representative||13||R||Mac Thornberry|
|U.S. Representative||13||D||Greg Sagan|
|U.S. Representative||14||R||Randy Weber|
|U.S. Representative||14||D||Adrienne Bell|
|U.S. Representative||15||R||Tim Westley|
|U.S. Representative||15||D||Vincente Gonzalez|
|U.S. Representative||16||R||Rick Seeberger|
|U.S. Representative||16||D||Veronica Escobar|
|U.S. Representative||17||R||Bill Flores|
|U.S. Representative||17||D||Rick Kennedy|
|U.S. Representative||18||R||Ava Pate|
|U.S. Representative||18||D||Sheila Jackson Lee|
|U.S. Representative||19||R||Jodey Arrington|
|U.S. Representative||19||D||Miguel Levario|
|U.S. Representative||20||D||Joaquin Castro|
|U.S. Representative||21||R||Chip Roy|
|U.S. Representative||21||D||Joseph Kopser|
|U.S. Representative||22||R||Pete Olson|
|U.S. Representative||22||D||Sri Preston Kulkarni|
|U.S. Representative||23||R||Will Hurd|
|U.S. Representative||23||D||Gina Ortiz Jones|
|U.S. Representative||24||R||Kenny Marchant|
|U.S. Representative||24||D||Jan McDowell|
|U.S. Representative||25||R||Roger Williams|
|U.S. Representative||25||D||Julie Oliver|
|U.S. Representative||26||R||Michael Burgess|
|U.S. Representative||26||D||Linsey Fagan|
|U.S. Representative||27||R||Bech Bruun|
|U.S. Representative||27||R||Michael Cloud|
|U.S. Representative||27||D||Eric Holguin|
|U.S. Representative||28||D||Henry Cuellar|
|U.S. Representative||29||R||Phillip Aronoff|
|U.S. Representative||29||D||Sylvia Garcia|
|U.S. Representative||30||D||Eddie Bernice Johnson|
|U.S. Representative||31||R||John Carter|
|U.S. Representative||31||D||M.J. Hegar|
|U.S. Representative||32||R||Pete Sessions|
|U.S. Representative||32||D||Colin Allred|
|U.S. Representative||33||R||Willie Billups|
|U.S. Representative||33||D||Marc Veasey|
|U.S. Representative||34||R||Rey Gonzalez|
|U.S. Representative||34||D||Filemon Vela|
|U.S. Representative||35||R||David Smalling|
|U.S. Representative||35||D||Lloyd Doggett|
|U.S. Representative||36||R||Brian Babin|
|U.S. Representative||36||D||Dayna Steele|
|U.S. Senator||R||Ted Cruz|
|U.S. Senator||D||Beto O'Rourke|