Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you oppose efforts to cooperate with a national ID card system and vote to block all state funding for and cooperation with any national ID scheme including the Real ID and Pass ID programs?
2. Do you oppose the use of unmanned law enforcement devices being used to penalize citizens?
3. Do you oppose the use of state funds to advocate for growing the size of government through the use of hiring government employees as lobbyists, and/or paying for the lobbying activities of private groups or associations?
4. Will you support legislation that would allow TSA agents to be charged with sexual assault if they use invasive “pat-down” procedures?
5. Will you support legislation to protect the citizens of your state from federal officials who are implementing mandates in ObamaCare by creating state criminal sanctions?
6. Will you support legislation to end the use of “no knock” warrants?
7. Will you oppose any attempt to pass a ban on texting while driving as a primary reason for a traffic stop by law enforcement?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|Lt. Governor||R||David Dewhurst|
|Lt. Governor||R||Dan Patrick|
|Lt. Governor||R||Jerry Patterson|
|Lt. Governor||R||Todd Staples|
|Lt. Governor||D||Leticia Van de Putte|
|Attorney General||R||Dan Branch|
|Attorney General||R||Ken Paxton|
|Attorney General||R||Barry Smitherman|
|Attorney General||D||Sam Houston|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||R||J. Allen Carnes|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||R||Joe Cotton|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||R||Tommy Merritt|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||R||Sid Miller|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||R||Eric Opiela|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||D||Hugh Asa Fitzsimons|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||D||Richard "Kinky" Friedman|
|Commissioner of Agriculture||D||Jim Hogan|
|Commissioner of the General Land Office||R||George Bush|
|Commissioner of the General Land Office||R||David Watts|
|Commissioner of the General Land Office||D||John Cook|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||R||Glenn Hegar|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||R||Harvey Hilderbran|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||R||Debra Medina|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||R||Raul Torres|
|Comptroller of Public Accounts||D||Mike Collier|
|Railroad Commissioner||R||Becky Berger|
|Railroad Commissioner||R||Malachi Boyuls|
|Railroad Commissioner||R||Wayne Christian|
|Railroad Commissioner||R||Ryan Sitton|
|Railroad Commissioner||D||Steve Brown|
|Railroad Commissioner||D||Dale Henry|