Campaign for Liberty gave candidates for statewide office an opportunity to provide a straight answer to the following questions. The candidates’ answers can be seen below the list of questions. Because the vast majority of states do not include 3rd party candidates in the Primary process, Campaign for Liberty policy is to survey 3rd party candidates for General elections, except in Jungle Primary states.
1. Will you support a “Constitutional Carry” bill that would allow any law-abiding citizen to carry a firearm concealed without a permit?
2. Will you support legislation to nullify ObamaCare and authorize state and local law enforcement to arrest federal officials attempting to implement the health care scheme, known as ObamaCare?
3. Do you support the “Right to Work,” which states that no worker can be forced to join or pay union dues as a condition of getting or keeping a job?
4. Will you support legislation that would allow school vouchers and school tax credits?
5. Will you support legislation to end warrantless drone surveillance?
6. Will you support legislation to block implementation of the indefinite detention of U.S. citizens in your state?
7. Will you support a bill that will abolish the Metropolitan Council and return the powers it possesses to the people, the legislature and local communities?
Survey ResultsKey: = Yes, = No, = Chose not to answer
|Secretary of State||R||Dan Severson|
|Secretary of State||DFL||Dick Franson|
|Secretary of State||DFL||Gregg Iverson|
|Secretary of State||DFL||Steve Simon|
|Attorney General||R||Sharon Anderson|
|Attorney General||R||Scott Newman|
|Attorney General||DFL||Lori Swanson|
|State Auditor||R||Randy Gilbert|
|State Auditor||DFL||Matt Entenza|
|State Auditor||DFL||Rebecca Otto|