Retiring Congressman Jim Moran (D-VA-8) has been in the news recently for suggesting that members of Congress, who receive $174,000 a year, aren’t paid enough, going as far as to introduce a doomed amendment in committee to address the problem he sees. (This causes one to wonder, what exactly is adequate yearly compensation for wrecking […]
In a country where the median household income is $53,046, outgoing Rep. Jim Moran (VA-8) complained yesterday that, despite what Americans believe, members of Congress are underpaid. “I think the American people should know that the members of Congress are underpaid,” Moran told CQ Roll Call. The comments were made during a markup of legislation to continue […]
- Is it really so bad to pay Federal workers for doing nothing?
- What do Obamacare and the war on ISIS have in common?
- WATCH: Ted Cruz at LPAC 2014
- National Service is Anti-Liberty and Un-American
- Hey FDA want to help Ebola (and other) patients? Listen to Ron Paul!