Did Edward Snowden place too much faith in the American system of government? When Snowden first met with Greenwald, he emphasized that his biggest fear about blowing the whistle on the largest surveillance scheme in human history was that nothing would come of it. Now, just less than a year out from when the first […]
Yesterday, C4L sent a letter to members of the House Judiciary Committee strongly opposing the Manager’s Amendment to H.R. 3361, the USA FREEDOM Act. The original version of the act was sold to Americans as a way to rein in the NSA’s domestic surveillance programs, and it would have been a first step towards real […]
By: Michael Clayton Seemingly lost in the fold because of all the mess regarding Obamacare, last week, lawmakers introduced legislation to curtail the National Security Agency’s overreaching phone record collection program. The USA Freedom Act, as it is being touted, is a bipartisan effort authored by Sen. Patrick Leahy (D-VT) and Rep. James Sensenbrenner (R-WI). […]
- Ron Paul Classic: Internet Sales Taxes Harms Future Entrepreneurs
- Campaign for Liberty Strongly Opposes Internet Sales Tax Bill
- Are There Lessons for Us Today from Nazi Gun Control?
- Dirty dealing to pass the Internet Tax Mandate this week?
- Forty-nine states tracking your prescriptions in databases