Retiring Congressman Jim Moran (D-VA-8) has been in the news recently for suggesting that members of Congress, who receive $174,000 a year, aren’t paid enough, going as far as to introduce a doomed amendment in committee to address the problem he sees. (This causes one to wonder, what exactly is adequate yearly compensation for wrecking […]
The House defeated President Obama’s budget 2-413 yesterday. On the bright side for the president, this is two more votes than his budget received in either the House or the Senate in 2012. From The Washington Times: Mr. Obama’s 2015 plan, which he submitted to Congress in March, only a month late, was met with […]
Less than one week after complaining that Members of Congress are underpaid, Congressman Jim Moran (D-Va) today proposed granting Members of Congress a housing stipend to help defray the cost of living in DC. From Moran’s website: With Congress in session 112 days in 2014, the housing stipend would be $2,800, equivalent to this year’s […]
- Paul Broun statement on Committee Passage of Audit the Fed
- Audit the Fed Passes House Oversight and Government Reform Committee
- Travel Promotion Authority case study in how Congress lobbies K Street
- Bipartisan Group of Senators to Harry Reid: Don't Tax the Internet!
- Don't want to drug your child? You may be a criminal