Today, the United States Senate had a hearing with the Orwellian title “Examining a Constitutional Amendment to Restore Democracy to the American People.” The hearing should have been called “Examining a proposal to deny First Amendment Rights to people and organizations that we do not like.” The subject of the hearing was a proposed constitutional […]
Trevor Burrus, a research fellow at the Cato Institute, writes in the Boston Herald about Harry Reid’s attempt to limit the First Amendment: The world has never seen, and never will see, a law aimed at eliminating the praise of the lawmakers. Give them a chance to silence critics, however, and there is no end […]
Today in a 5-4 decision, the United States Supreme Court struck down a provision of the Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act, more commonly referred to as McCain-Feingold, saying that limiting the amount of money individuals may contribute in a given election cycle was unconstitutional. Previously under the law, an individual was limited to contributing $123,200 to […]
- Campaign for Liberty to Congress: Preserve Internet Freedom
- Will the Internet Tax Mandate ruin (ugly) Christmas Sweaters?
- Defeat of USA FREEDOM Act is a Victory for Freedom
- Campaign for Liberty stands against Internet Sales Tax
- Campaign for Liberty to Congress: NO Lame Duck ObamaCare bailouts!