Campaign for Liberty is an active participant in a Family Business Coalition that is seeking full repeal of one of the most pernicious taxes on the American people — the death tax. Last month, the Death Tax Repeal Act, H.R. 2429, reached a cosponsor milestone by surpassing 218 bipartisan cosponsors. Whatever your position on taxation, […]
Recently, Campaign for Liberty President John Tate signed on to a Family Business Coalition letter sent to New York’s Governor Andrew Cuomo expressing support for a proposal in his budget which calls for increasing the New York estate tax exemption from $1 million to $5.34 million and lowering the top tax rate from 16 to […]
A particularly pernicious “temporary” tax was forced upon the American people in 1916 to help fund the American intervention into the first World War. This was the fourth time Congress had passed an “estate tax” for “defense purposes.” Each time before it had been repealed shortly after hostilities ended, but by 1918, it was clear Congress […]
- Liberty at the Movies: Hunger Games: The MockingJay
- Lame Ducks raise taxes on Duck Hunters
- Campaign for Liberty to Congress: Preserve Internet Freedom
- Will the Internet Tax Mandate ruin (ugly) Christmas Sweaters?
- Defeat of USA FREEDOM Act is a Victory for Freedom