The DEA apparently ordered the U.S. Customs and Border Patrol at Louisville International Airport to hold a 250-pound shipment of hemp seeds from Italy in contravention of industrial hemp policy included in the 2013 Farm Bill. Huffington Post reports: The Drug Enforcement Administration has seized a batch of seeds that were intended to be part […]
Today, C4L President John Tate penned a letter to senators urging them to support Senator Ron Wyden’s industrial hemp amendment to the farm bill. The text of Senator Wyden’s amendment is identical to S. 359, the Industrial Hemp Farming Act. Read the full letter below: Industrial Hemp Farming Act
Industrial Hemp, currently classified as a Schedule 1 substance under the Controlled Substances Act of 1970, is once again a topic of discussion in political forums. On the front page of the Washington Post this morning, (albeit the bottom right-hand corner) was an article headlined, “Changes in cannabis laws create a new buzz for hemp.” For most […]
- Liberty at the Movies: Hunger Games: The MockingJay
- Lame Ducks raises taxes on Duck Hunters
- Campaign for Liberty to Congress: Preserve Internet Freedom
- Will the Internet Tax Mandate ruin (ugly) Christmas Sweaters?
- Defeat of USA FREEDOM Act is a Victory for Freedom